Hi everyone, this is Jessica Salazar once again. I have been working on a new project recently, our group- blossom biomedical design- decided to go our separate ways. It was a mutual understanding so there are no scars in our friendship, but boy has it been a new struggle. I decided to pursue the world of programing and using arduino boards. I found my project through Ms. Miesner’s suggestion and I honestly fell in love with the idea. The actual execution however, has been harder than I thought.
Here is how the jacket is somewhat suppose to look like.
I made a design that had the same charges on the sides but an overall different visual. My design ended up being a bit futile since I got the starter kit that we had at school and it was a different arduino board, instead of the LilyPad I was not using an adafruit flora arduino that is different to work with. My designs may be seen in the image below.
However I embraced the Adafruit flora board since it came with some cool neopixel that light up in different colors. I took some pictures when I finally made them work after many downloaded programs and programing, as well as the constant errors I kept receiving in my computer, and the overall lack of understanding of the arduino board itself. I may sound a bit dramatic but to be honest it was pretty intense, or at least it was in my mind.
Overall I am looking forward to what the future of this project will be, as of now I have an idea of what I want to do with the music portion of it through another tutorial deriving from the Adafruit flora website, fun fact, where I also received all the download programs and step-by-step instructions on what to do to make the Adafruit flora work. As of now I’ve told you everything, I shall begin sewing soon and hopefully by next month I will have most of my project done. Thank you for reading.